Why travel abroad is so important for your kids?
Make an invaluable investment in the future of your child. Let him/her see the world from a different perspective! Many studies have shown the positive impact on the kids who travelled outside their home country more frequently than their fellows.
Beside the opportunity to taste new cuisine and live as a local in a different country, your child will get a lifetime opportunity to tour amazing sites, experience a new culture and home traditions, learn some language’s basics, make new friends and most important, broaden and expand his or her outlook!
TGE is partnered with long-standing organizations who strive to make this opportunity as well-rounded an experience as possible. Try one of our unique outbound programs below:
- GREECE >>>Explore Greece by greeka.com
- JAPAN ( Optional 3 week Japanese language study prior to home-stay!) >>> Explore Japan by nationalgeographic.com
- COSTA RICA >>> Explore Costa Rica by nationalgeographic.com
For more information on the available programs please contact:State Outbound Coordinator:
Mr. Dan Fauber
- Tel.: 811-579-1241
Frequently asked questions:
1. What makes this exchange program different from others?
- Texas Global Education and Cultural Exchange has partnered with long-standing organizations who strive to make this opportunity as well-rounded an experience as possible. We do not ‘tour’ your child around the country. We place him/her in a home with children of the same approximate age in order to create an immersion environment. This way, your child will see and experience a part of the culture that no tourist ever sees. Your child will also be immersed in the language and lifestyles of the inhabitants of that country. No other exchange can offer the same experience.
2. What if I cannot speak Greek, Japanese or Spanish?
- You will have a chaperone to contact who can speak English. Homestays and coordinators in the country can speak some English. You will have some training and a cheat book of phrases.
3. Will my child be safe? How will I know?
- Our partners in each country have tight security guidelines and Japan is one of the safest countries you can travel to. Your child will be in contact with an English speaking chaperone and will be staying with a family who has been carefully screened.
4. Who is chosen as a Chaperone?
- Each delegation will be escorted by a chaperone who has been carefully screened. Background checks are run on applicants and interviews are done by our staff before they are chosen. They are trained in their assigned duties before the exchange.
5. Will there be some sort of orientation or training before my child leaves?
- Yes, we have developed a detailed orientation program and literature to help acquaint you and your child with the country he/she will be traveling to. We want this to be a safe and exciting exchange filled with learning in all areas.
6. What if my child gets sick while in another country?
- We purchase medical insurance for each child while he/she is in the foreign country. The host family is instructed in use of the insurance.